About Me

My photo
Mission: Promote purposeful passionate people to help them reach professional and personal potential while enjoying life to the fullest. DISCLAIMER: This is a PERSONAL blog. Views expressed are my own. Names listed have given permission.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

45 seconds and not a second more

Business Networking International is not just an inspiration because they're great at networking, are focused on actual revenue but I love their motto:
Givers Gain.

Tod
ay I visited a super-chapter in Toronto
 

hosted by my networking superhero Lisa Taylor of Challenge Factory

They have an exercise that I
adore. 
It reminds me how shabby my networking is. 
A 45 second introduction.Sounds easy right?

My tips for what to include in your 45 seconds:

- Who you are, name of your company
- What
you do, 20 seconds MAX!
- What your ideal client referral looks like
- What problem you solve, how you can help others
- A story of what good business looks like for you
- Humour

- Close with repetition of who you are, company name

Some used iphone stopwatches, most didn't.


Get working on yours, practice it daily.

BNI is th
e Ninja training of networking
This is the Wushu school of business

For anyone in business, consider joining your local
It will make you money

It will change your life

                   Paul


2 comments:

  1. Paul - it was a pleasure having you at our meeting. The entire group has benefited as a result. We hope you made some meaningful connections with our group too.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Paul! You showed a true display of Givers Gain. I know the group was impressed with you and hope we cross paths again soon, intentionally or otherwise!

    - Stephen

    ReplyDelete